I hate my mother because she has been scolding me and taunting me regarding my studies all the time. I am fed up with her and feel like me going away from her. I don’t like her. What should I do?
Thanks for reaching out and sharing your concern.
We completely understand that it is unpleasant to experience constant shouting from your mother. All students go through yelling of parents at some point of time for their studies so you are not alone who is shouted. We at Teentalkindia would like to suggest a few ways to better cope with the situation
Ways to Handle when you get Scolding:
● Do not speak or cry when your mother is shouting at you please try and remain silent as she is also in a bad mood.
● Yelling is not continuous it may seem long. If you respond correctly parents will stop shouting.
● Understand the emotion behind the parents shouting a thought when you are more relaxed and in a positive mind frame.
● Take deep breaths. It helps us relax in a stressful situation.
● Try using positive affirmations or replacing strong emotions like I hate my mother with I would feel happier if my parents would explain to me the consequences of not studying rather then yelling.
Please remember vocabulary plays a very important role in the emotion we feel.
You can also speak with our experts by clicking on “Chat With Us.”