Question : What are the few emotional changes that hit during Puberty? Teentalker
Thanks for reaching out and sharing your concerns.
This is the only phase of your life when you will be a teenager. And if our word is anything to go by, you must embrace this phase with all your heart before it’s too late. This however is also when you will experience huge shifts; emotionally and physically.
These changes will open up a whole new world for you. You will discover things about yourself that you never thought existed. You might even find yourself grappling with these changes.This journey to self-discovery can be both; scary and exciting. Few emotional changes are:
1. Feeling overly sensitive: During puberty, since your body undergoes many changes, it is common to feel uncomfortable about them and become overly sensitive about your physical appearance. As a result you may feel irritated quite easily, lose your temper or feel depressed
2. Looking for an identity: Since you are in the process of becoming an adult, you may feel inclined to figure out what makes you unique as a person. There is also a general tendency that you associate more with your friends than your family members.
3. Feeling uncertain: As a transition phase, you may begin to wonder and think about new and unfamiliar aspects of life such as career, livelihood and marriage. Since, all of this is new and unfamiliar when you start thinking along these directions, you may feel uncertain about the future.
4. Peer pressure: With the onset of puberty, your conversations with your friends will increase. Your peer group and you are likely to be influenced by what you see around you in popular media and the culture that is represented through them.
5. Getting sexual feelings: With the onset of puberty, it is normal for a boy or a girl to be sexually attracted to people that they would want be more than ‘just friends’ with. These feelings are normal and there is nothing to feel guilty about. You may have many questions about sex. It is a good idea to talk to a mature adult.
5. Feeling conscious about self: These experiences are more pronounced for girls because they develop faster and earlier than boys. This can make you conscious about the way you’re growing up and your body.
Hope this helps, if you have any other query do connect online for chat between 11am-8pm or drop us an offline message.
Expert Teentalk India