Know indicators that help for counselling
There are moments when we aren’t in our highest of spirits, this may be influenced by the situations that we are facing. Sometimes it’s a fleeting feeling of low, sometimes its not so fleeting and may last longer than expected. There are times when our emotional immunity sourced by our eventual development powers us through it, but for the times when these resources fall short of pulling us through, know that there is no harm in taking help.
Aid is always waiting for us and we need to accept it. it is okay to take help from our friends, family members or loved ones when we need to vent and have an emotional let down. They can always help you by being there for you and listening. But always know that if your feeling of being low persists, you may need professional help. A counselor is not only capable of helping you went and navigate through your struggle but also give you certain techniques in order to help you with your struggle emotionally.
Indicators to go for Counseling:
1. Your sleep and food pattern has been not normal.
2. You seem to be aloof socially, and absent minded even in presence of people.
3. You feel like crying at things that may not seem so sensitive usually.
4. You feel disinterested in initiating or holding conversations.
5. Your loved ones say that you seem different.
6. You get easily triggered or irritable.
7. You find yourself thinking about certain things over and over again.
8. You seem lost and sometimes may also have suicidal thoughts.
Apart from these reasons, if you identify a certain reduction in the quality of life that was led by you before, in such situations a counselor can help you finding out the reason behind what has caused it. but please always remember that a counselor can help you change your perspectives or takes on the situation, and wont always give you solutions. A counselor will give you a map to reach resolution and drop you off at the location, so know that therapy is a two way effort.
You can also seek guidance from our experts by clicking on Chat With Us.