Question : I’m not doing well, since the past few days, since the targets I fix per day are not being completed and to complete that I don’t sleep at night and at times, I also end up missing my classes, due to which my schedule is getting disturbed, though my friend keeps telling me to have faith. How should I handle this?Teentalker , 16-year-old
Thank you for reaching out and sharing your concerns.
Sometimes, as students, you plan things out in advance and it works, sometimes, it doesn’t.
In your case, the study time-table you’ve set for yourself, clearly does not seem to be working out as it’s affecting your sleep cycle and your studies. It also feels good to know that you have a supportive friend who understands you and wants you to think positively and have faith. But apart from that, here are a few tips to help you get through this challenging phase:
1. Revise your study strategy: Clearly, it is quite obvious that your current study timetable and schedule is not working out for you.
2. Set realistic goals: Identify which subjects and topics, you find easy, which ones do you find moderately difficult and which ones do you find extremely difficult. Then plan your schedule and move ahead accordingly. In order to work on the goal-setting activity (SMART goals), please click on the ‘toolbox’ tab and select the ‘tools’ option to know more. You may also wish to read some relevant content by clicking on articles and then selecting the option ‘Academic Pressure’.
And remember, please don’t compare your study time-table with others. Because, what’s realistic for you may not be realistic for others and vice-versa.
3. We tend to remember concepts when we are actually interested in them.
4. Meditate: This will make you self-aware and calm. Apart from that, it will also give you the much needed clarity in terms of what you should do next.
5. Try using mindmaps: That’s another effective way of memorizing concepts.
6. Say positive things to yourself on a daily basis is certainly very helpful.
Hope this helps, if you have any other query do connect online for chat from 11am-8pm or drop us an offline message.
Expert Teentalk India