Question : I had a friend. We are friends since childhood. I don’t know something happened and our friendship broke. Since then I am finding it difficult to overcome it. How to overcome a breakup with a childhood guy friend? Teentalker
Thanks for reaching out and sharing your concern.
Going through a break up can be difficult to be with a boyfriend or friend and so it’s alright to feel hurt, to get angry, get a little upset, all that is fine. But working hard to get over a break up is just as important. It takes time to deal with the devastation of losing someone you always thought you would have by your side. A few things that you can try now are –
- It is important to accept and acknowledge the feelings you are feeling right now and give yourself time to grieve.
- Always remember the fact that friendships don’t always last forever.
- Always remember the good memories you made together, cherish them. Don’t forget the bad one either, take them as life learnings and move forward.
- If you have friends who understand you and are close to you. try to share your feelings with them and talk it out.
- Don’t forget to appreciate the people who are with you in your tough times.
- Take up a new sport, or a new hobby where you can meet new people and make new friends but remember don’t pressure yourself to find a BFF ASAP.
- Listen to soft instrumental music and take a walk in the park or garden where there are green trees, it will help you to calm down.
Hope this helps, If you have any other query, feel free to come online for chat from 11am – 7pm(Mon.-Sat.) or drop us an offline message.