Question : I am having my college interview next week. I am quite tense. I don’t know how to face it.
Thanks for sharing your concern.
Preparing for an interview primarily means taking time to thoughtfully consider your goals and qualifications relative to the study. To accomplish this, you can follow these steps –
1. Wear something that is professional and comfortable.
2. Read about the college and what is their vision and mission. Your interviewer will expect you to answer some questions about the college you applied for and talk about why you want to take admission here. Be ready to answer.
3. Being interviewed is a skill and this needs to be practiced. You can rehearse with your friends or parents. Ask them to take your interview and ask the best questions that they have come across.
4. Prepare for some specific questions like –
- Why do you want to attend this college/university?
- What was your favorite subject in high school?
- What do you want to study in this college and why?
- What do you enjoy doing when you’re not in class?
- What are three interesting things about you that I wouldn’t know from your application?
- What’s an example of an obstacle, a failure, or a mistake that you learned from?
Be the best and true version of yourself. Show your professional and mature side in the interview.
Hope this helps! If you need further clarifications, please feel free to write back or you can chat with the Teentalk Experts from Mondays to Saturdays : 11 am to 7 pm.