If you have made the decision to break-up but confused about what to say and how to say then this article is for you.
Not every person you meet or date is meant to be with you for a lifetime. Everyone has a purpose in your life. You learn from every person you date. Even if you date someone and realize that you both want different things from life, still you need to know what are the things that you don’t want in your partner.
Break-ups are never easy. There can be a lot of different reasons for break up. You may find out that your preferences, values, ideas and feelings don’t match. Long-distance can be one reason. You may not enjoy being with your partner anymore. You can be more interested in someone else. Or maybe you no longer feel ready to be in a committed relationship.
Even if you are sure about your decision, you feel hurt. The other person will also be hurt, sad and disappointed. If you are the one who wants to end the relationship, then you have to do it very sensitively and respectfully so that there will be no hard feelings in the future between you two.
Break-ups should not be avoided just because it will be a difficult conversation, at the same time, we should not hurry to just get over it. However you have to have a clear mindset about why you want to break up. There is no fixed way of breaking up respectfully but there are some do’s and don’ts that you can follow when you think of breaking up with someone.
Do’s and Don’ts for Break up
- Rethink about what you want and why you want. Even if the other person gets hurt, it’s okay to do what’s right for you.
- Think and rehearse what you will say, how you will say and how the other person might react.
- Show your intentions and let the other person know that you care for him/her.
- Try to be kind and gentle but be honest with your feelings.
- Try to talk in person while breaking up. If that’s not possible at least try to video call.If you want, you can discuss this with some trusted person in your life before doing it. But make sure they don’t tell your partner about this.
- Listen to what the other person thinks or wants to say about your decision. Let them put their thoughts about this decision.
- Don’t disrespect.
- Don’t get into any harsh conversation. Think twice before you say anything.
- Don’t avoid this conversation for too long just because you don’t want to hurt the other person.
- Don’t be in a hurry while talking to the person.
- Don’t do it through message or call.
Relationships have a special meaning for every person. So ending a relationship won’t be easy. But at the same time it’s a chance to do your best to protect and respect the other person’s feelings