Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your concern with us.
Dealing with unfaithfulness in a relationship can be the most painful attack not only on one’s relationship, but also their self-worth. You nurture, cherish and value a person and create a bond that seems everlasting, only to be broken by their change of interest and uncertainty of choice. In moments like such one would find themselves in an intense state of discomfort and rejection.
Things to do when you find yourself in such a situation:
- Assess whether the person deserves a second chance and if you wish to give It to them.
- If you wish to end the relationship, do not feel like you owe a second chance to them.
- Let the feeling of being violated sink in, being cheated on is a feeling that you feel, not an action by them. One doesn’t have to be found in a physically intimate act to be caught cheating, it comes through sexting, through emotional intimacy too.
- Move on in a healthy manner, there is no point in degrading your identity through self-sabotage or revenge.
- Move on emotionally instead of jumping on to the next relationship.
The healthiest way of moving on is to accept that the relationship did not have a foundation strong enough to sustain external temptations. Learn to let go of this spiky rope before it tears you apart emotionally. Forgive them for not being strong enough to give in to temptations, you will feel liberated.
You can also speak with our teentalkindia experts by clicking Chat With Us.