Log In
This site is not collecting any personalized information for ad serving or for personalization. We do not share any information/cookie data about the user with any third party.OK  NO

I am confused about whom to consult– A psychiatrist, Psychologist, or Counselor?

Question : Lately I have not been feeling well from inside. I don’t know what is troubling me, but I just don’t feel happy. I am thinking of visiting a mental health professional, but I am confused about whom to consult– A psychiatrist, Psychologist, or Counselor? Teentalker

Dear Teentalker,

Thanks for reaching out.

Yes, sometimes people feel confused about whom to go to. There are significant differences between these professions in terms of education, training, and additional responsibilities.

Counselor - Professional counselors have a master's degree or higher in mental health counseling. They work with clients to help them learn better ways to manage their problems, mainly by using different therapies while talking. Counselors deal with people suffering from problems that cause emotional distress, such as anxiety, relationship issues, eating disorders, sexual disorder.....

If you have a story to share Click Here.

If you have a query,Click Here.

You can also chat with the counsellor by clicking onTeentalk Expert Chat.

More Question

Copyright TEENTALK 2018-2019
Disclaimer: TeentalkIndia does not offer emergency services and is not a crisis intervention centre, if you or someone you know is experiencing acute distress or is suicidal/self harming, please contact the nearest hospital or emergency/crisis management services or helplines.