Diwali is one of the most joyous occasions in the entire year in our culture. There are certain rituals and age-old practices that we have been following, which you may not know, but have mental health benefits attached to them. Practicing the same things mindfully can enhance your state of mind and help you enjoy the festival twice as much as before.
Diwali rituals and their benefits.
- The act of cleaning our house or the environment where we spend most of our time working or relaxing or even learning is really important.
- We let go of old belongings that may not serve us the same way as before, we discard them and make room for something better.
- Lets apply the same philosophy behind our thoughts and let go of what creates clutter and doesn’t serve us well, it could be applied to our beliefs, opinions and even negative feelings.
- We buy aromatic soaps and toiletries in order to groom ourselves better, new clothes, jewelry etc.
- Indulging in self care all year long can only benefit us and contribute to our confidence.
- Lets try to always be as presentable as possible so that we feel confident and stay healthy mentally as well as physically.
Lighting up your space:
- We put efforts in elevating our space from darkness by using lamps and lighting. It really teaches us a lot about bringing brightness into our environment.
- Let’s consider choosing a bit of brightness everyday and acknowledging the aesthetic of our living space always.
Valuing family time:
- Family values are the very core of our culture, and this festive period helps us spend extra time with them, as it gives us additional opportunities for bonding and interaction.
- It is always beneficial to acknowledge relationships and designate time for family and the festive season is the perfect opportunity when days are spent together and many new memories can be created.
These rituals carry more than religious value to them, and if thoughtfully assessed they can be useful to us in our everyday life and not just once a year around festivities.
You can also speak with our experts by clicking on “Chat With Us.”