Question : What are the career options I will have if I take the Humanities stream in 11th grade?
Thanks for reaching out.
There are numerous lucrative career options in the humanities stream depending on the subject specializations you choose. Humanities include Arts, Creative Arts, and Designing, etc courses. After completing any subject graduation in B.A you can branch out to pursue some of the professional courses like:-
- B.Ed (Teaching), L.L.B (Law),
- Civil Services like IAS etc via UPSC, MPSC exams,
- Banking recruitment exams like IBPS,
- Insurance Agent,
- Heritage Management,
- Travel & Tourism,
- Hospitality Management,
- Culinary Arts,
- Human Resource Management,
In case you choose, you can also pursue MA in a subject related to your graduation major and become a specialist professional. For e.g.:-
- In case you complete BA with History or Archaeology Major, You can choose to become archaeologist by pursuing MA, Ph.D. or become Anthropologist by studying MA in Anthropology
- If you complete BA with Psychology major, you can pursue MA in various specializations of psychology like Social, Clinical, Counselling, or Industrial.
- If you are interested in languages, you can pursue BA with English Literature and then study other foreign languages like German, Spanish, Mandarin, Sanskrit and Work as Translator, or Interpreter or linguist etc.
Every Major in B.A. leads to different career pathways. The above list is just indicative and not exhaustive. Choosing a particular pathway will depend on your strengths, likes, dislikes along with your choice of subjects
You can also choose to BFA (Bachelors in Fine Arts) or B.Voc (Bachelors of Vocation)
Hope this helps, If you have any other query, feel free to come online for a chat from 11am – 7pm (Mon.-Sat.) or drop us an offline message.