Do you want to begin a business in India with low investment? Here are few ideas for you to ponder.
Initiating any business cannot be considered as a light-hearted affair, especially in India that is afflicted by many uncertainties such as high tax rate, bribery and a tedious registration process. India is aiming to become the third-largest economy of the world by 2030 due to the democracy, demography, as well as demand. India also possesses world’s largest population of youth; these are various reasons why India is the place to start for businesses.
- Private Tuition/Mentoring: This is a profitable business idea that can give you good income. You could offer your services in the neighborhood or in large groups. You would need to be knowledgeable in the subjects you intend to teach.
- Stationary shop: It’s a good idea to include sales of stationeries, school books or general books. To get good income in this business you would need to be innovative about your services, and possess good sales skills.
- Food delivery business: Any service that brings ease to the client is always in high demand. Most people do not wish to leave where they are probably due to varying circumstance – work, personal – to get food, and so they’d prefer to have it delivered. This is where your food delivery business comes in within reach.
- Grocery shop: A grocery delivery business is an opportunity that can fetch you a good sum of money. You could help clients deliver groceries for a minimum fee. This is a business that will ensure you attract clients to patronize your service.
- Insurance agent: Being an insurance agent would require you to have good convincing skills so that clients could pay for a coverage which would then earn you a commission. This is a business that you can do in your free time, guaranteed to bring in cash with no stress.
- Freelance writer/SEO consultant: If you are good in writing, you could become a freelance writer. You could even choose a forte to write on, and can decide to write for a magazine, newspaper or a website. There is no limit to the amount of jobs you can manage as a freelance writer.
- Car driving school: You would need to choose an area where the majority of the people do not know how to drive, and want to learn. Once you can identify such a place, watch your cash flowing in.
- Web designers: Web designers are valuable for technology companies, that’s why becoming a freelance web designer is a top side business idea today. Web design is all about learning the art of creating a beautiful, value-driven experience for the users using a website or app. There are always new ideas popping up in need of professional web design.
- Housekeeping service: This has a lot of scope especially when most of the people around us are working these days. These services may include housemaids, babysitter, care takers for elder people, cleaning staff, etc. You need to have a good network of community helpers and you can charge a commission on providing community services.
- Catering business: It’s a great side business idea, and if you have enough good reviews you might be able to turn your knife skills into a full-time endeavor where you’re leveraging your network to book catering events. This is built heavily upon getting happy referrals, so be sure to over-deliver for your first customers, and ask if they know anyone else who could utilize your catering services.
No matter how gratifying your full-time job may be, finding the right side business ideas and ultimately becoming fully self-employed is even more meaningful than great pay and solid benefits. Choosing the route of entrepreneurship, and working on your side business idea, is without a doubt riskier than being content with holding a 9-5 job. It requires way more dedication and patience.