Jealousy is a common and natural emotion that everyone has felt at some point in their life or another. It generates feelings of anger, embarrassment, frustration and incompetence. The real fear one experiences are when they start comparing themselves with what others have and what they lack. The good news is that while jealousy is a normal reaction, it doesn’t have to be a permanent one. There are ways one can learn to feel content rather than confused when it comes to feeling jealous.
Feeling jealous is not under our control but how we respond to jealousy depends on our actions and behaviour when we feel jealous
Ways to Deal with Jealousy
1) Accept your Feelings- Rather than judging and criticizing yourself be aware and accept your feeling.
2) Identify your goals and interests: Build on things that interest you and keep making new goals to achieve those interests. Once you build it, keep focusing on them and negative thoughts of jealousy won’t affect you.
3) Write your jealousy away- Writing down what you are feeling at that moment helps you to take a step back and reflect.
4) Look for Positive side – Embrace your qualities and build your talent. Jealousy leads to low self-esteem, try to build your self-esteem by writing down what you love.
5) Talk It out with a counsellor – At times a jealousy incident from childhood leaves a deep impact on us which keeps impacting our present also. In such situations, you can seek help from counsellor to build your confidence and self esteem.